Here we have a roundup of some of the current and forthcoming plays to see by women in the UK. Some aren’t on for much longer, so you’ll have to be quick!
- Light Shining in Buckinghamshire by Caryl Churchill. Playing at the National Theatre until 22 May.
- Tell Me You Love Me by Teresa Husher and Emma Wingrove. Playing at the Lantern Theatre, Brighton on 23.
- Face to Face by Heather Jeffery. Playing at the Drayton Arms Theatre, Chelsea until 23 May.
- Unearthed by Alys Metcalf. Touring venues across the South of England: 22 – South Hill Park Arts Centre, 23 – Rondo Theatre Bath, 24 – Arcola Theatre London.
- The Lonely Soldier Monologues by Helen Benedict. Playing at the Cockpit Theatre, Marylebone until 31
- Pull Your Socks Up, Britain by Serena Haywood. Playing Otherplace at the Pit, Brighton. 29, 30 & 31.
- The Write Now 6 Festival featuring work by Lucinda Burnett, Olga Nikora and Joseph Wilde. Playing at the Jack Studio Theatre, Brockley until 30.
- Like Mother, Like Daughter by Complicite Creative Learning and Why Not Theatre. Playing at Battersea Arts Centre. 26 May to 6 June.
- Now This is Not the End by Rose Lewenstein. Playing at the Arcola Theatre, Dalston. 3 to 27.
- Image of an Unknown Young Woman by Elinor Cook. Playing at the Gate Theatre, Notting Hill. 4 to 27.
- Chef by Sabrina Mafouz. Playing at the Soho Theatre. 15 June to 4 July.
- A Third by Laura Jacqmin. Playing at the Finborough Theatre, Earls Court. 21, 22, 23, 28, 29 & 30 June and 5, 6, 7, 12, 13 & 14 July.
- The Skriker by Caryl Churchill. Playing at the Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester. 1 July to 1August.
- Glitter and Tears by Serafina Cusack. Playing at the Bread and Roses Theatre, Clapham. 12 to 14 July.
- The Invisible by Rebecca Lenkiewicz. Playing at the Bush Theatre, Shepherd’s Bush. 3 July – 15 August
- Bakkhai translated by Anne Carson. Playing at the Almeida Theatre, Islington. 23 July to 19 September.